Plant diaries

HEWWO plant lovers, this is a topic dedicated to PLANTS and posting the ones you have, their names, information and a guide for how to care for them! I know we all have different plants we enjoy(flowering or nonflowering), so why not share with each other our experience in caring? Please make sure to post the name of your plant and pictures once you have one so all can see and know what you’re talking about!! It’s not required but any advice/information on the plant is also gladly welcomed, so that others can learn and perhaps obtain the plant for themselves one day (:

**Obviously I am not a plant expert, nor are others unless they have a degree in botany so if some advice differs between two or more people, the best thing is to always do more research, and also learn from trial and error to gain experience with caring for said type of plant. This topic is to learn about growing plants, and become better, while sharing all our little plant babies!

A little fill out sheet if you’d like to use it (not required):

Species:
Name:
Sun:
Size:
Care:
Picture(s):

1 Like

Now I will post my plants to start this off! :D

I have right now, only succulents that I take care of, though I want to eventually expand and grow different species of plantlife. I’m definitely interested in growing trees, as well as bushes more than anything outside succulents.

I also am subscribed to a Succulent Studios - I get two succulents a month for $16, that are shipped from California! They’re eco-friendly and shipping in biodegradable coconut coir. If you’d like to join, please please please use my referral! I get a free month after 3 people subscribe (plus you get $5 off your first month! Which means you pay $10).

Alright. Plant time. B]

Species: Echeveria “Lola” Hybrid
Name: Lola
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys are better indoors as a windowsill plant!
Sun: They do well in partial sun / bright indoor light that is filtered, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 30F.
Size: 5-6" max in width and height, and they bloom in the spring a yellow/pink flower!
Care: Only water these guys seldomly - as in wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, (usually every 10-14 days for summer, 1 month for winter) no dampness, even if it’s a warm damp, and make sure you water from the BOTTOM, as watering these plants from the top can cause damage to the plant and also root rot (which isn’t fixable, it will kill the entire plant, and anything potted with it). The best method I’ve ever been told is to stick your fingers in two inches deep - of the soil is dry, water it! Make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.
Picture(s): click me

Species: Graptosedum “Bronze”
Name: Braun
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys are better indoors as a windowsill plant!
Sun: They do well in partial sun / bright indoor light that is filtered, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 30F.
Size: 12"+ in width and height, and they bloom in the spring a coral/pink flower!
Care: Only water these guys seldomly - as in wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, (usually every 10-14 weeks for summer, 1 month for winter) no dampness, even if it’s a warm damp, and make sure you water from the BOTTOM, as watering these plants from the top can cause damage to the plant and also root rot (which isn’t fixable, it will kill the entire plant, and anything potted with it). The best method I’ve ever been told is to stick your fingers in two inches deep - of the soil is dry, water it! Make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.

Species: Aloe Vera
Name: Ally
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys are better indoors!
Sun: They do well in bright indoor light that is filtered, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 30F.
Size: 12"+ in width and height, and they bloom in the spring a coral/pink flower!
Care: Only water these guys seldomly - as in wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, (3-4 weeks is the average watering schedule) no dampness, even if it’s a warm damp, and make sure you water from the BOTTOM, as watering these plants from the top can cause damage to the plant and also root rot (which isn’t fixable, it will kill the entire plant, and anything potted with it). The best method I’ve ever been told is to stick your fingers in two inches deep - of the soil is dry, water it! Make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.

Species: Aloe Vera
Name: Victor
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys are better indoors!
Sun: They do well in bright indoor light that is filtered, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 30F.
Care: Only water these guys seldomly - as in wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, (3-4 weeks is the average watering schedule) no dampness, even if it’s a warm damp, and make sure you water from the BOTTOM, as watering these plants from the top can cause damage to the plant and also root rot (which isn’t fixable, it will kill the entire plant, and anything potted with it). The best method I’ve ever been told is to stick your fingers in two inches deep - of the soil is dry, water it! Make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.
Picture(s): coming soon

Species: Aloe Ciliaris “Climbing Aloe”
Name: Al
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys are great as indoor plants, but can be outdoors due to how large they can grow!
Sun: They do well in full to partial sun, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 30F.
Size: 6-10’ is the typical height, 16’ max. They bloom a red flower at the end of autumn.
Care: Only water these guys seldomly - as in wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, (10-14 days in the summer, 1 month in the winter, to none at all) no dampness, even if it’s a warm damp, and make sure you water from the BOTTOM, as watering these plants from the top can cause damage to the plant and also root rot (which isn’t fixable, it will kill the entire plant, and anything potted with it). The best method I’ve ever been told is to stick your fingers in two inches deep - of the soil is dry, water it! Make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.

Species: Sedeveria “Lilac Mist”
Name: Lily
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys can be indoor/outdoor depending upon where you live!
Sun: They do well in full to partial sun, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 35-40F.
Size: 4"+ in width and height, and they do not bloom a flower.
Care: Only water these guys seldomly - as in wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, (10-14 days in the summer, 1 month in the winter, to none at all) no dampness, even if it’s a warm damp, and make sure you water from the BOTTOM, as watering these plants from the top can cause damage to the plant and also root rot (which isn’t fixable, it will kill the entire plant, and anything potted with it). The best method I’ve ever been told is to stick your fingers in two inches deep - of the soil is dry, water it! Make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.

Species: Jade “Money tree”
Name: Al
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys make great indoor plants!
Sun: They do well in full to partial sun, and the lowest temperature they can survive is 35-40F.
Size: 12’ max in width and height, but they can last as long as human life and don’t always get THAT big, and are very slow growers. They can bloom white flowers in autumn to late winter!

Schlumberga “Christmas Cactus”
Name: Chrissy
Indoors/Outdoors: These guys make great indoor and outdoor plants!
Sun: They do well in full to moderate sun, with partial sun to full sun, and thrive in 60-70F temperatures with high humidity.
Size: 12’" max in width and height, and they bloom different colors, but they most commonly bloom red/pink flowers in the spring!
Care: Water these guys a bit more than a normal succulent - still wait until the soil is COMPLETELY dry, but these plants need misted about once a week to ensure they have enough moisture. Also make sure there’s drainage at the bottom of your pot as well so that your plant doesn’t become flooded.

1 Like

I am an avid plant lover! I have around 40-50 indoor plants, including house plants, succulents and cacti!
my favorite family of plants is the calathea family, the triostar (my one!) probably being up there in my favourites, my one is more on the baby side and has just started a new leaf shoot!!

i just recently got into creating terrariums, and they are so much fun! here’s some photos from my first “build” which includes polka dot plant (left), a maiden hair fern(middle) & sadly i’ve lost the name tag for the plant on the right, it’s another kind of fern though!

here is a couple photos of my main plant areas if you click into each image it names all of the plants i remember the names too!

OH also i just started a horticulture course which will reward me a New Zealand certificate in Horticulture, so hopefully i can get a job in the industry!

2 Likes

Aaaaa I love your plants!! I absolutely adore how you decorated them ;__;
It inspired me actually to do the same w/ mine LOL This is only one of the many I did today w/ Haley:

1 Like

An update by Haley and I got a new plant baby - his name is PuttPutt (Haley named him)

1 Like

picked up a new angels tear! I accidentally killed my first one, by doing nothing different… oops

2 Likes

…oops I slipped and found two more??

1 Like

My Mexican snowball that I got in my subscription to succulent studios (:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.