Q3: What are art permissions?
Q4: What is considered inappropriate?
Q5: What file types can I use?
Q6: Can my poses have backgrounds?
Q7: What is pose mirroring?
Q8: What are loose pixels?
Q9: How big can my poses be?
Q10: What are your aesthetic standards?
Q11: Does my pose have to have an outline? Do you allow flatcolored poses?
Q12: Can my pose have props?
Q13: What’s allowed in my room background?
Q14: Can I have more than one character in my pose?
Q15: Do you have any standards for art used on the forum?

If you have additional questions, please visit #central-shroom:qa.

1 Like

Q: What are poses and rooms?

A: Poses, also known as avatars, are the images that are used to represent you in the chat. Users with subscriptions may upload their own poses.

Q: Where can I get poses and rooms?

A: Poses and rooms can be bought as premades, custom work, obtained through art trades, or through free galleries. Visit The Hukas’ Traveling Market for purchasing and trading artwork. You can make requests in the Give & Get forum. As far as freebies go, Posebug is a great resource for requesting freebies and also has an archive of freebies.

Q: What are art permissions?

A: You must have permission from the original artist of a piece of art in order to use it on Ourani. This goes for any artwork that you use on the chat or forum. You must link proof of permission when uploading artwork to the chat.

Q: What is considered inappropriate?

A: Please view our general guidelines for more information.

Q: What file types can I use?

A: You may only upload .gif and .png poses, with rooms being allowed .jpg as well as .gif and .png.

Q: Can my poses have backgrounds?

A: No. Poses cannot have backgrounds. Outside of the subject of the pose, the pose must be transparent. For example, here is an unacceptable pose with a background:

6hVDZ1o

Q: What is pose mirroring?

A: Poses must be mirrored. This means that they have to have a left and right facing version, which ensures that you are able to face different directions in chat. For example:

LsHKNPB

Q: What are loose pixels?

A: Loose pixels are pixels that are outside the lineart or base image of the pose. They are often miscolored. These cannot be present on poses in order for the poses to be accepted. For example (above the knee):

Xoh8R1l

Q: How big can my poses be?

A: Ourani uses Wolfhome’s sizing standards so that everything is consistent and those who migrate here from Wolfhome do not have to change their artwork. Ourani will eventually have its own size chart with species relevant to it. Poses can be smaller than the examples so long as they are bigger than 25x25 px.

Here are Wolfhome’s standards (click and download for true size):

Q: What are your aesthetic standards?

A: We don’t have very strict aesthetic standards, but we do require that your poses be colored in a tidy way, and for the markings to have a general sense of direction. We also require poses to not be blurry. Here is an example of a pose that is too blurry compared to its acceptable counterpart:

47fGBwC kA1V5jp

Q: Does my pose have to have an outline? Do you allow flatcolored poses?

A: Poses don’t have to have an outlined, but require shading if they do not have one. Poses that do have outlines must follow specific standards.

Acceptable outlines:

ZBPs7YY iWaLOk5 xpt0xQX

Unacceptable outlines:

cy9GMJh gfpXrz3 bqLcRIv RUTNq0h

Q: Can my pose have props?

A: Poses can have props, such as mounts, items, and pets as long as they are not too large and become the focal point of the pose.

Q: What’s allowed in my room background?

A: You can have anything in your room background as long as it does not violate our general guidelines.

Q: Can I have more than one character in a pose?

A: No. If you have plushies in your pose, they must have stitches if they do not already looks dissimilar to the subject of the pose.

Q: Do you have any standards for art used on the forum?

A: No, we do not.